Thursday 21 February 2013

To this day

Today in class we watched a spoken work video about bullying.  It was really powerful and I found it to be so very sad... It surprised me how emotional I was watching it the second time.  As a teacher, I see so many of my students looking so happy, that it was a sobering reminder to me of some of the real difficulties that kids (and adults) can be going through.  It is a reminder to treat people with kindness and empathy. To look for beauty in everyone.
In Biology 12 we are learning about how your body functions and how your systems work, but there is so much more to being alive than what we touch on in a science course that seems so definite & about facts in black and white.

Feel free to comment or blog about your thoughts on the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment